[WT-support] FT100D, need some advice

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jun 3 21:05:23 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:49 AM, Antonio Galiana <ea5by.tony at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have the following "field day" setup which I am preparing for the next
> weekend.
>
> FT100D + DIGI KEYER + WINTEST 4.7.0 + WIN-XP SP3
>
> In FT100:
> VFO A is set to 14022.5 CW
> VFO B is set to 14050.0 CW
>
> In Wintest:
> On Radio 1 band map I read:  VFO A .... 14022.5
> On Radio 1 band map I read:  VFO B .... 14000.0
>
> The issue is that my FT100 sends correctly its freq to Wintest but, on VFO
> A in the bandmap window the word "split" appears continuously (the polling
> rate selected into the Interface's configuration is "auto"). This means a
> change of freq in the bandmap window only, not the radio,
> (ex:14022.5<>823049khz).
> Also, what is worst, the mode in the QSO entry window changes between CW &
> SSB.
>
> Any advice, please?

See this thread<http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2008-June/075893.html>from
3 years ago.  Apparently the FT-100D CAT control does not work as
documented, so lots of software doesn't work right with it.

You could try installing Omni-Rig by
VE3NEA<http://www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig/Files/OmniRig.zip>,
including the latest INI file
updates<http://www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig/Files/RigIni.zip>,
then change the Radio type in Win-Test Interface Configuration from FT-100
to OmniRig (and you must *uncheck* the COM port since OmniRig will use it).

Please let us know if using OmniRig fixes the problem.

Finally, if you are using a USB-to-Serial adapter instead of a real serial
port, make sure to use one based on the FTDI chipset rather than anything
based the Prolific chipset.