[WT-support] Vista & SCP database

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jun 1 09:19:54 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Ken Chandler <g0orh at sky.com> wrote:

> Im trying to locate where  WinTest  file is located in windows vista, to
> update the database with the .SCP file, could someone point me in the right
> direction please!!

Start Win-Test and do File | Explore | /dataBases directory to open Windows
Explorer in the right place.

Since this directory is hidden by default (thanks to Windows Vista / Windows
7 "security"), see this page of the
Wiki<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files#Location>for
step-by-step instructions explaining how unhide the directory so that
you can get to id using the normal "Windows Explorer" or "Save As" web
browser dialog.

See also this post<http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2011-May/081162.html>for
an explanation of how to automatically download newer versionf of
these
files to the proper directory using a simple batch file.