[WT-support] make a QSO to 0 (zero) point

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jul 20 22:45:32 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:35 PM, <contest at oz0j.dk> wrote:

> I want to make the QSO to 0 point cause to calculate the correct score and
> get no penalty point for wrong call etc.

In my opinion, if a HQ station makes the other operator believe that a QSO
was completed and logged successfully, even when it was not, then there
ought to be a penalty for that HQ station only, not the other operator.

So, leave the incorrect call in the log as it is, hopefully one letter off,
and hopefully the log checking software will figure out the correct call and
only penalize the HQ station, not the other operator.

Deleting a QSO that was messed up through no fault of the other operator is
being quite unfair to the other operator, especially if it is an HQ
multiplier, don't you think?