[WT-support] Emergency - cannot create IARU log files

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jul 11 19:24:31 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 3:29 AM, HA3LN <list at ha3ln.hu> wrote:

> I set up the contest file at the beginning as usual, done the whole
> 24 hours of contest
> but at the end when I tried to create the CBR log file but it did
> not produce anything.
> I checked the whole machine and there is *no* wt4 file at all. It
> seems it's still in the memory
> so we kept the machine on.

If you did not receive any error message such as "Access denied" when
attempting to create the Cabrillo file, then the file was created
successfully.  You can find it most easily by using the Win-Test menu.

Select File | Explore | /log directory.  This will open Windows Explorer.
 Select View | Details in Windows Explorer.  Click on the column title "Date
Modified" once, then a second time, and all the files will be sorted by
date, most recent at the top.  Your .WT4 file and your .LOG (Cabrillo) file
will be listed at or near the top of the window.

Note that the file name will end with .LOG (*not* .CBR).

You can then right click on the files to copy them to any USB stick, or the
Windows desktop, or My Documents.

But there's an easier way.  Just do WRITELOG [Enter] and click the [Browse]
button at the bottom of the Window.  You can temporarily change the output
file LOCATION from C:\Program Files\Win-Test to E:\ (or whatever you see for
your USB stick) by selecting any folder in the list and clicking [OK].  The
click [OK] again, and the selected output files (.LOG, .SUM, etc.) will be
written directly to the USB stick rather than to the hard disk.