[WT-support] Sudden Keying Problems - Update

Hal Offutt hal at japancorporateresearch.com
Mon Jul 11 17:23:36 CEST 2011

Thanks, Bob, for your quick reply to my posting.  I wanted to let you and anyone else interested know how things turned out.

Your advice rang true and I remembered that recently I had moved the Win-Key a little closer to the rig just to clean up the wiring in the shack.  After reading your post, I moved it a little further away, added some more ferrites and replaced the Dell keyboard (it has a mushy feel anyway; the replacement Dell keyboard had a better feel and a built-in ferrite which the first one did not).

Result:  problem gone and WT performed fine during the IARU.

As an aside, before taking the above steps, I noticed something strange:  when CQ repeat was on, the repeat speed would follow the speed set in WT only for the first CQ and would follow the speed set on the Win-Key on subsequent CQs.  I guess this must have been a result of RF getting into the Win-Key.  It no longer does this.

Thanks again for your help.

73, Hal W1NN