[WT-support] IARU society abbreviations

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jul 8 23:56:20 CEST 2011

Right click on the check partial window.  In the pop-up menu, make sure that
"In log only" is *not* checked.

In the same pop-up menu, click "Used Files list".  If you see iaru_hf.dtb
being used instead of default.scp, it means that default.scp is not found.
 Do File | Explore | /databases directory.  View Details.  Perhaps the file
is really named default.scp.txt or default.scp.scp, but you can't see the
last part of the file name, because Windows hides the last part of a file
name by default.

The Wiki clearly explains how to fix that Windows problem, here:

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files#Location

Rename the file to default.scp, restart Win-Test, and check the Used Files
List again.   You should see that DEFAULT.SCP is being used for the check
partial window, and exchanges will be pre-filled according to whatever data
is in iaru_hf.dtb (assuming Tools | Data Entry | Exchange Guessing |
Automatically is checked).