[WT-support] Version 4.8.0

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jul 6 22:29:30 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Ulrich Mauer <Ulrich.Mauer at t-online.de>wrote:

> **
> What are the advantages of the new version.
>
> I tried to find something, but I could only find something about version
> 4.7.0

When you install 4.8.0 full version (available from
http://download.win-test.com/v4/bin), it installs a copy of Release.txt that
documents all the changes.  There is also a slightly out-of-date copy of it
at http://download.win-test.com/v4/nightly/release.txt.

>From Release.txt:

4.8.0 (june 26, 2011)

- ADIF : PROGRAMID and PROGRAMVERSION fields added in the file header.
  Tnx IZ8MBW.

- Bugfix : Task #308 : JIDX : 160m QSO points counted 1 pt instead of
  4. Tnx N6KI and N6TV.

- LPT Interface : 50 MHz, 144 MHz and 432 (440) MHz band data outputs
  added. Tnx W8ZN and N6TV.

- Callsign check rules : The pathetic 9HOHSJ callsign is now added as
  an exception (like RAEM, JY1 and TX9). Tnx OH2OT, F5HRY.

- PACC contest : New rule 2011 : QSO are now allowed in each mode for
  mixed categories. Tnx PA2A.

- RSGB 160m contest : Single-mode CW-only restriction removed to
  comply with the new rules 2011. QSO and bonuses are now allowed for
  each mode. Tnx G3XSV.

- NAQP : Cabrillo output : The DXCC prefix is now indicated instead
  of "DX" for North American stations outside of K/VE. Tnx WA7BNM.

- DARC XMas contest : New rules 2010 : "NM" is allowed as a exchange
  from the German stations, but is no more credited as a mult.
  Tnx DJ3WE.

- DX Spots window (Alt-A) : New option to enable/disable logging of
  the incoming spots in the .dxc file. It is enabled by default. Under
  some circumstances (slow antivirus inspection, slow HDD, etc.),
  saving every spot (especially when using the RBN) was making Win-Test
  less responsive. The op-entered spots are always saved to allow their
  restoration on log startup. Tnx HA1AG @ ED9M.

- Packet window (Alt-O) : New option to enable/disable logging of
  the packet stream in the .pkt file. It is enabled by default. Under
  some circumstances (slow antivirus inspection, slow HDD, etc.),
  saving the packet data stream (especially when using the RBN) was
  making Win-Test less responsive. Tnx HA1AG @ ED9M.

- Bugfix : Under some circumstances, DXped audio recordings were not
  correctly tagged, the file information dialog was incomplete, and
  the QSO playbacks failed. Tnx VE3EY @ TO3A.