[WT-support] where is the mtb file?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Jan 16 10:33:55 CET 2011

For Win-Test 4, the binary log is kept in a .wt4 file (Win-Test 3 used
.wtb).  .mtb is not used by Win-Test.

Open Win-Test and do File | Explore | /log directory and you should see it.

This directory is hidden by default.  If you try to use Windows Explorer
rather than Win-Test to find it, you won't see it.  The method for un-hiding
these deafult Windows hidden folders  is explained in the Win-Test PDF file.
 Just search for the string "hidden files".

To change the default directory for news logs, Select Options | Log | New
Contest File Properties.

Another problem you may have is that Windows 7 stores logs in a strange
place if you are not logged on as administrator and do not use the default
directory.

The easiest way to find the true location of such missing logs is to open a
command prompt and do:

cd \
dir *.wt4 /b /a /s