[WT-support] GetScores etc

Marios Nicolaou drmarios at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 13:24:51 CET 2011

Hi all

HNY.

I know there has been some interest regarding the getscores conduit
recently. Unfortunately, due to computer crash, I ve lost the source code so
I cannot update the code in order to  make it compatible with the current
getscores specs. Most of the code was based on trying to listen to UDP
packets, work out qsos, mults and score, decoding the type of mults
depending on the contest type before reformatting them for the getscores
protocol. It was mostly IF statements etc This was very prone to bugs and
vulnerable to protocol changes.

My suggestion was for this information which was readily available in the
summary window to be dumped in an xml format onto the hard drive every
minute. It then becomes very easy for anyone to read this information and
upload it to the getscores website! Unfortunately, I dont have the time to
re-write the initial code [too many other projects etc] although I would
consider implementing the 2nd approach I suggested above if the developers
feel is a viable option.

73s

--
Marios