[WT-support] ONLINE LOG in EXPEDITION MODE (VPN ?)

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Jan 5 13:46:17 CET 2011

Hi Yann

Le 05/01/2011 11:40, YANN - F1NGP a écrit :

> Yes it could be a solution but if we do this on one of the 6 stations
> on the expedition , WT is blocked during the backup (Not good in the
> pileup)
> The solution is to do this on another Station (local or remote/VPN) ?

Indeed. If you don't accept blocking, it is another way to complete this
task.

Note, especially when using VPN, that large logs and high number of
connected stations sync usually involves pretty large data volume.

> Another good solution could be to backup the lgs file on the WWW server
> instead of the PC (with http/ftp???)

You should be able to do that rather easily with a scheduled batch task
involving an FTP transfer (easier than HTPP IMHO) of the lgs file to
your server. Check the command line NcFTP Client for example.