[WT-support] Future implementa​tion of SO2V & PSK Support ??

Jim Balls makidoja at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 20:43:43 CET 2011

Hi

I'm a recent new user of Win-Test after many years of using N1MM.

I like wintest very much but there are a couple of additions I would like to see to enable me to use wintest in 100% of my Contests as there is nothing worse than swapping software just because your choice of software does not support the contest or mode.

I'm very surprised not to see support for SO2V, for me SO2V is  worth while in RTTY contests as I can be running on the main VFO but looking for Mult's on the SUB vfo, the lack of SO2V makes it more difficult.

For me SO2V would be quite simple to implement, on most radios, mine being a K3, all that is required is the option of changing the band map tracking and VFO tuning when clicking on the band map to the sub VFO and the ability to run a second RTTY window to capture the data.

I know Win-Test is aimed at the big high end Contest Stations but I'm sure there are many small single transceiver 2 receiver contest stations out there who would benefit from this additional option.

I also enjoy PSK contests, yes very small contests again but still enjoyable, I would like to see PSK support in Wintest using something like MMVARI, this again I would think is relatively simple to implement as it's another one of the MM software engines like MMTTY.

So what is the likely hood of Wintest supporting SO2V and PSK for the "Small" contests station in the future.

Jim M0CKE