[WT-support] TX focus and WINKEY paddle

Satoshi Nakamura 9m6na at jsfc.org
Sat Dec 3 16:46:53 CET 2011

I used Win-Test for the first time in the real contesting environment
from 9M6NA last week.  I learned a lot during the contest :-)

I experience a behavior of Winkey paddle as follows.  When I change
Active Radio from 1 to 2 by hitting "*" key, the TX focus moves from
Radio 1 to 2 immediately.  CW message sent from Win-Test follows this TX
focus.  However, CW sent from Winkey paddle does not follow the TX focus
immediately.  If CW is sent from Winkey paddle right after hitting "*"
key, it is still sent from Radio 1 (non Active Radio already).  The TX
focus of Winkey paddle seems to change only after a (any) message is
sent from Win-Test (by hitting Function key, etc.).

In the Winkey configuration, Second output (pin5) is set to "Radio 2".
Is there any other settings to avoid this?

BTW, I disabled REPEAT CQ to avoid Task #305 bug in the contest.

73,

Saty JE1JKL

--
Satoshi Nakamura <9m6na at jsfc.org>