[WT-support] Fwd: Microham u2R behavior with Win-Test

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Dec 2 23:43:31 CET 2011

> You cannot download the versions I used from the microHAM web site;
> you have to ask W4TV to send them to you. Every user of Win-Test with
> a micro2R really needs them too.

Let me make one thing *absolutely* clear - "Router 7.7.5" is not
available to anyone at this time.  "Router 7.7.5" was developmental
software that contains debugging code and incomplete support for other
products that renders it unfit for general use.  It has issues that
impact other products and other software due to the developmental
code.  Finally, microHAM are finalizing the newest version of Router
(with support for additional products and updated drivers) which should
be available by the end of the month unless release is delayed by the
holidays.

Router 7.7.5 was offered to no more than four individuals on the basis
that they not disclose and not share the code with any other person
(including guest operators) but it seems that some of those individuals
are can not be trusted to live up to their agreements.

In general test code is provided to a very limited number of testers to
confirm resolution of a specific problem.  Fixes are not released on an
individual basis - particularly when it includes developmental code.
In general, a "fix" that applies to a single product and application
will not be released separately; it will be included with the next
general upgrade in order to assure that the change does not adversely
impact other products or other software, build the proper installer,
update documentation and certify the package.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV