[WT-support] WT 4.8.0 and serial number "bug" ?? RTTY extra messages...

Stein Roar Brobakken s-roabr at online.no
Wed Aug 24 02:22:48 CEST 2011

Hi

During this weekend I tried WT and SO2R with two computer, instead of
Writelog to prepare what software to use for SCC next weekend.

QSO NUMBER jumps during QSO!

While running QSO on PC1 I for example logging like this

PC1 20m GU0SUP 599 199 (same moment I found a mult on 40m on 2nd PC and
enter his call)

PC2 40m LB8IB 599 199 ( if I have already entered LB8IBs callsign for new
40m MULT and send his 199. When I SAVE this QSO in PC2 then his number have
changed from 199  to 200--- but I sent him 599 199.. It will give both wrong
exchange in contest log)

Is there any way to "freeze" the QSO number if you already have a callsign
entered in the callsign field? If you use TWO pc for RTTY contest?

In this case PC2 should also LOG QSO #199 and next QSO number should be

I guess many will lose points during SARTG coz of this bug in WT, coz their
got wrong number in their logbook hi hi.

Or do I have missed something in setup ??

RTTY MACRO

Is there chance to get SHIFT-Fx to Fx to extra messages in RTTY, I know this
is for record messages in SSB.

But in RTTY there is good to have extra messages for asking psy etc.

I know I can get acces them with ALT-C .

CLONE RX window in RTTY

I cannot find out how to get cloned RX window? One for regular signal and
one for fluttered..

73 LA6FJA Rag