[WT-support] QTC file

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Aug 15 20:05:07 CEST 2011

I have no experience trying to do this, but if the normal Win-Test
File->Merge dialog doesn't take care of merging QTCs, you could try
extracting the QTC: lines from the Radio 2 Cabrillo file, then pasting them
into the Radio 1 Cabrillo file.

Step by step, on STN1 computer:

   1. File -> Close
   2. File -> Merge logs
   3. Select STN1 and STN2 .wt4 files
   4. WRITELOG to create combined Cabrillo file STN1.LOG (without STN2 QTCs)
   5. File -> Open STN2.wt4
   6. WRITELOG to create STN2.LOG with STN2 QTCs
   7. File Explore -> Log directory.  Make a note of the folder location.
   8. Exit Win-Test
   9. Open a Windows Command prompt and change to the log directory
   10. Enter the following DOS command:
   FIND "QTC:" <STN2.LOG >STN2QTCs.LOG
   11. Open STN2QTCs.log with Notepad
   12. Ctrl-A (Select all)
   13. Ctrl-C (Copy)
   14. Open combined Cabrillo file STN1.LOG with Notepad
   15. Move cursor to last line, before "END-OF-LOG:"
   16. Ctrl-V (Paste)
   17. Ctrl-S (Save log)

I think such a log will be accepted by the WAE sponsors, but if everything
has to be resorted into proper time sequence, you'll have to try importing
this combined Cabrillo file, then saving it, then merging the saved log with
itself, to resort everything into proper chronological order.