[WT-support] MicroHAM CW-Keyer to Win-Test

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Aug 2 19:43:35 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:40 AM, <contest at oz0j.dk> wrote:

> >> CI-V baud rate 19200  (not AUTO)
> >> CI-V address 5Ch
> >> CI-V transceive ON
>
> I changed the address from 50 to 5ch in the radio. The other 2 were
> correct.

Jorgen,

Please go back into the radio's menu to confirm that the radio address is
still set to 5Ch.

I cannot find anywhere to change the HEX address beside the MicroHAM
> software and it has been changed.

Yes I can see that OK, but there are two check boxes below that:

Forward autoinformation to CAT port [  ] 1st  [  ] 2nd

I think maybe the first one should be checked.  But try doing this LAST.
 First you have to fix the COM port RTS pin (see below).

The link to the setup is on

> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2651703/Default%20settings%20for%20at%20IC756pro.doc
> and now it is the correct link :-)

Thank you, but there are *two* different screen shots for COM4 in the
document, and they are different.  You should be using the one labeled
Default Settings.

Looking at the Win-Test Interface Configuration screen shot, it seems that
Win-Test is using the second one, with *COM4 RTS still set to PTT*.*  *As we
tried to explain earlier, *RTS HAS to be set to ALWAYS OFF*; the IC-756Pro
radio does not support PTT via RTS.

I have tried with stopbits 1 or 2, with poll auto, poll 100 and poll 200
> and with/without "don't poll" and with/without "use CI-V Transceive"

Please check Use CI-V Transceive and leave the others alone.  Use 1 stop
bit.

I have also tried to setup Logger32 with the same settings without luck.

I do not see a screen shot of the microHAM Router ports tab.  I can't tell
if COM 4 is set to Radio 1.  I also hope that your PC doesn't have a "real"
COM4; perhaps you should switch everything to unused virtual address, COM6
instead?  Why are COM6,7,8 defined but not COM5?

> BTW Winkey is working for CW without problem.

That's because the Winkey COM port is set up correctly to match the device's
default settings.

The station is not mine. BTW the computer is running Win7 64 bit. Could
> that be the problem?

Probably not, there are more basic things clearly set up incorrectly
(especially RTS = PTT).