[WT-support] WT and VHF and UP contests

Adi S55M s55m at siol.com
Mon Apr 18 08:22:36 CEST 2011

Bob 55S or 59S or 59A are standard raport for many many years used during
rain or snow or Aurora scattered contacts on VHF and UP. Rules for such
contests are general rules for IARU R1 VHF and UP contest.

In CW and SSB the raport is the same. (In SSB the S means that modulation is
scattered but signal and intelligibility of signal is perfect. During CW
contact there is normally no tone (perfect inline scatter is exception) so
instead of T in raport there are S for rain or snow scatter or A for Aurora
scatter. Yes, it is anomaly, because raports in SSB and CW have both three
fields.

But with no desire to change anything from the SW writer for VHF contest
community (EDI format correction wich has no MODE in the fields) i gived up
from using it for VHF to SHF work (For HF this is superb SW however). We do
not use cabrillo in IARU R1 for VHF and UP contest. We have EDI standard
recomended by IARU R1.

Karel, i gived UP long time ago with Wintest for VHF :-). But maybe if we
are persistant, something will grow from our seeds.

GL in 2011 VHF-UHF-SHF contest season

S55M

Adi Voh

ZRS VHF manager