[WT-support] Win-Test Broken

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Apr 2 23:13:32 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 4:53 AM, Pete Smith <n4zr at contesting.com> wrote:

> Noticed a message in red at the bottom of the screen saying messages at
> 100% (approximately), so I closed the telnet program.  Then closed the main
> program, and now, when I attempt to start Win-Test, it flashes briefly on
> the screen and then disappears.

You probably saw

** Message at 100% not available * *

There is no need to reboot if you see this message.  Win-Test will continue
to work fine.  It sounds like Win-Test never closed completely, so another
copy can't start.

This message simply means you pressed a voice keyer message key like F1 in a
phone contest, or maybe just Enter (if using ESM mode), but never programmed
that particlar voice message (via Shift-F1, etc.) for that operator (signed
in via OPON).  The "100%" refers to the internal DVK (digital voice keyer)
tempo. 100% means "normal" voice keyer speed, as displayed at the bottom of
the rate window.  You can have Win-Test change your voice keyer speed in 10%
increments via Alt-F9/Alt-F10, same as CW.

I agree that the message could be more clear, perhaps

** Voice Keyer Message F1 for op. N4ZR not  programmed * *