[WT-support] RTTY window change

W1UE egan.dennis88 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:14:19 CEST 2010

Rich

You didn't mention a Call History File.  If you have a decent Call
History File working, the state/province is autofilled when you use the
INS key to load the entry window.  You still need to check it (some of
them are wrong, or some are operating out of their normal state), but
its a great time saver.  Another benefit of a CHF, when you are tuning
across a band and a call is copied where you haven't worked the state,
the call will light up with the "unworked state" color.  Lets you know
right away that you need the state.  Also, the zone is filled in
depending on the state.  Very neat.

For the next routine, I programmed a key as follows:
{ENTER}! TU {LogThenGrab}NOW {F5} {F2}{ENTER}{Rx}
It sends TU to the guy I just worked, grabbed the next call from the
Grab window, sends NOW and then the normal report sequence.  Worked OK,
but, when a station sends "KL7RA 599 01 01 KL7RA", the last KL7RA goes
to the top of the grab window and is the call that would be grabbed from
the stack using my NEXT key.  For the RTTY Roundup, I think I'm going to
look at converting myself to using the STACK routines instead of the
GRAB routines to avoid that problem.

Nice to work you on 20M.  Wish we could have made it on more bands.

Dennis W1UE