[WT-support] RTTY window change

KL7RA kl7ra at ptialaska.net
Mon Sep 27 10:08:47 CEST 2010

During the WW RTTY running Europe was easy using just the Ins and + keys
but working USA requires you to use the mouse to load the zone and state.

One nice change to the RTTY window is to move the Ins and + boxes from the
right hand side to the left so they will be closer to the text allowing you a faster
response to the caller. Also if the boxes were a color or different shape it might
help your eye find them quicker.

With CQ in auto mode the timer stops when you enter something into the logging
window but for RTTY clicking a call into the logging window does not stop the
CQ cycle and a CQ will start.

On an tty operations note what is the best technique to load the next caller by
using the msg "next" then the call. Most everything I tried this weekend didn't
work as I hoped but I hear others are doing this smoothly.

73 Rich KL7RA