[WT-support] New LUA script API to play additional MK2R DVK messages

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Sep 10 12:32:00 CEST 2010

Hi Tonno

Tõnno Vähk a écrit :

> What could be the reason?

Because when you hit an Fx key, Win-Test does some multithreaded process
that might "take some time", and acts differently depending on the used
voice keyer (I mean internal vs external etc.). It also parses the
associated message.

In your case, you just send the MK2R command by skipping this overhead.

> And any reason why I might not take all the
> messages script based thus?

You just risk potential hot switchings which are processed currently by
Win-Test, and can't use the associated message (intelligent QSLing etc.).

Choose your poison.

You must understand that the content of the direct commands sent to the
external devices is totally unknown by the Win-Test core. It just sends
them with no question asked. It may be convenient in some cases, but
it's up to you to understand what you're doing.

Of course, the same rules apply for the direct CAT commands sent to the
radios.