[WT-support] Win-test and MMTTY

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Sep 5 21:49:41 CEST 2010

I did a Google search for MMTTY 004094DE and found this
hit<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/N1MMLogger/message/61981>,
but that only applies to the N1MM logger.

Perhaps you are starting MMTTY first, then starting Win-Test?  Close MMTTY
and let Win-Test start MMTTY for you.  Do that via Options | RTTY
Configuration<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#RTTY_configuration...>.
 Check the "Run MMTTY" box as shown.  If you are using two radios, you have
to start *two* copies of MMTTY, and both must be installed in
*separate*directories.

If that doesn't help, maybe you tried to use N1MM Logger at some point, and
it put MMTTY into a strange state?  Start N1MM, try enabling the "Give MMTTY
help" box as explained in the first reference, then exit N1MM and restart
Win-Test.  If that doesn't work, reinstall MMTTY into a separate directory,
and tell Win-Test to start MMTTY from that separate directory.  See
with Win-Test
RTTY chapter <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/RTTY> for more details.