[WT-support] Spot bandwidth revisited

Mikael Larsmark mike at sm3wmv.com
Thu Oct 21 18:46:01 CEST 2010

Hello lads

I know that I have taken this up before and I wish to do it again to
insure that this is really needed. Right now its possible to edit the
bandwidth of an spot, it can now be set as low as 200 Hz. This is not
low enough!

Consider that you are running CQ 160m CW where you have sometimes three
stations on a single frequency. If PJ4B gets spotted at one frequency
and right after ES5TV gets spotted 30Hz from that freq the PJ4B spot
will disappear which can be a big problem. We have noticed this a few
times in M/S and it is very frustrating knowing that there is a spot to
work but it went away.

I would like it to be possible to either set the overall spot bandwidth
to 0 Hz or make it possible to have one bandwidth in the bandmap while
in the dx announcement window have another, because I realize that for
example with skimmer the bandmap can be very overpopulated otherwise and
with skimmer you might want spots to be replaced since there are a lot
of faulty ones.

So my suggestion is to make it possible to set the spot bandwidth for
bandmap and for dx announcements and it should be possible to set it to
0 Hz (disable it).

It would be nice if this was considered a feature for a version released
before CQWW CW.

PS. This is one of the major reasons some in the SJ2W contest gang want
us to run N1MM and I don't want to since the crap crashes every now and
then!

Mike, SM2WMV (SJ2W)