[WT-support] Setting up Winkey

Hal Offutt hal at japancorporateresearch.com
Mon Oct 18 00:29:30 CEST 2010

Bob,

Thanks very much for your prompt and detailed reply.

I followed your instructions and now I am able to key the rig with WT through Winkey.  Much progress!  However, the PC speaker has stopped working (not a major problem) and the messages programmed into Winkey no longer work when I press the buttons (however the paddle plugged into Winkey is now working).

When I installed the Winkey driver, I got the message that Winkey was hooked up to COM4.  However, in Configure Interfaces, COM4 was uncheckable.  COM1, COM2 and COM 5 were checkable, so I tried COM5 and got the above result.

So I am 3/4 of the way home.  Any idea what happened to the sound and why the Winkey messages no longer work?

73,

Hal W1NN