[WT-support] Setting up Winkey

Hal Offutt hal at japancorporateresearch.com
Sun Oct 17 22:46:28 CEST 2010

Hello,

New to WT and new to this list.

Trying to get WT installed on my XP computer to work with a fairly new Winkeyer2 USB.  Installed the Winkeyer2 USB driver and it seems to be working okay.  Messages prerecorded in Winkey are keying the rig okay and paddle hooked up to Winkey is also keying fine, but messages recorded in the F keys are not (although they sound fine on the internal speaker).

The "Enable Winkey" box in options/EZMaster is checked (not that I understand what EZMaster is).

I suspect that there is a simple solution to this problem and that many have been here before (but I couldn't find anything relevant in the archives).

How do I tell WT that I want to use Winkey?

(I have five USB ports on my computer.  I am assuming that any one of them will work.  If this is not correct, how do I determine which one to use?  I have tried them all with no success.)

Many thanks in advance.

73,

Hal W1NN