[WT-support] WT through VPN

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Oct 14 06:26:28 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 8:58 PM, Hamad 9K2HN <9k2hn at 9k2hn.com> wrote:

>     I used to have a wifi connection between my running station and my Mult
> station for a reason or another this link is broken, so my only way to
> connect these to station is VPN but the problem is that I don't know how to
> set it up. did any one have similar setup? what is the program name used and
> how to set it up.

To start, see this link:

http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2007-October/074647.html

Perhaps BA7NQ can provide more detailed instructions.  I imagine you would
have to configure the same broadcast address and port number in both copies
of Win-Test, as usual, and that broadcast address has to be compatible with
the VPN address that you set up (e.g. broadcast address *x*.*y*.*z*.255 on
both computers).

If the computers are less than 10m apart, you can use an ad-hoc Windows
wireless network, no VPN software required.

If the computers are less than 100m apart, you can use a long Ethernet
crossover cable.

Of course the run and mult stations must be no more than 500m apart or on
the same property, per the CQ WW rules.