[WT-support] error playing F memories

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Oct 4 23:21:49 CEST 2010

First, let me correct an error in my previous note.

Try using the MK2R+ *USB Voice Codec* for the Win-Test DVK; use *USB Audio
Codec* for stereo audio recording.

Questions:

   1. Did you select "no sounds" in Windows to prevent Windows "dings" from
   being played over the air?  I recommend doing that if you prefer to use the
   Soundblaster for everything:

   Windows:  Start -> Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Sounds
   (tab) -> Sound scheme:  No sounds (from the drop-down list) -> [Apply] ->
   [OK]

   You do *not* need to do this if Windows uses the Soundblaster as its
   default audio device, and you use only microHAM USB Audio Codec and USB
   Voice Codec in Win-Test.

   2. Were you you trying to use the same Soundblaster sound card for the
   Win-Test Internal DVK *and* fo  the Win-Test Audio Recorder at the same
   time?  I don't think you can do that.