[WT-support] error playing F memories

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Oct 4 23:10:31 CEST 2010

Luca,

This is the first report I have seen with this error message.  Perhaps you
simply need to re-record your messages, or perhaps your disk drive is having
I/O errors and needs to be scanned/checked with a Windows "CHKDSK" or
SCANDISK utility (My Computer -> C: drive (right click) -> Properties ->
Tools (tab) -> [Check Now] button.

Do that first (may run for hours if you select "Scan for and attempt
recovery of bad sectors").  I recommend backing up critical files before
running the scan.

Next, instead of using the Soundblaster, since you have an MK2R+, all you
have to do is change the sound card name to *USB Audio Codec* in Win-Test:
Tools | Interfaces configuration (or SETUP [Enter]).  Win-Test can use this
external USB sound card as an "internal" DVK, without requiring you to use
the microHAM control protocol or LPT pins for DVK message activation.

If the problem still occurs, maybe try re-recording all of your messages to
replace the .WAV files.

If the problem still occurs, please describe the exact sequence of button
presses that you have to do to produce the error.