[WT-support] Speed jumps up occasionally

KL7RA kl7ra at ptialaska.net
Tue Nov 30 22:55:56 CET 2010

>BTW, using "+++" and "---" will usually make it somewhat harder for CW
>Skimmers to figure out your code speed and your callsign.  I've decided not
>to use them any more and I've had no issues with WinKey speed jumps.
>73,
>Bob, N6TV

Using +++ and --- in the CW messages is the root cause. I used the default
exchange that has the speed up for the "TU" for this past CW contest and the
super fast CW spurts error returned. I had not used the speed change in the
message all this year as I suspected this was the cause but it is too random to
prove. My WinKey CW has been solid for every contest until last weekend
when I used that feature again.

73 Rich KL7RA