[WT-support] ESM-Mode

KL7RA kl7ra at ptialaska.net
Tue Nov 30 00:58:53 CET 2010

>Hello, using ESM-mode : S&P  I lost some qsos, when changing frequency

Fred is correct,

I lost several mults this weekend and finally took the time to see what
I was doing to cause it. My log is a short 80 meter entry so I'm not
worried for score but hope I don't cause nils for the double multiplier
on 80 meters..

How it happens:

Under tools (Data entry)
check on ESM enabled
check on RUN/S&P switching

CTL TAB to flip mode to (S&P) Indicated in the logging box title bar
(- now using the S&P CW messages and technique.)

tune dial for mults

enter a callsign in the callsign line and hit <enter>  (sends your call) as often as
necessary

if the station answers, hit <spacebar> (inserts zone) and then hit <enter> again
which sends your report as often as necessary.

if the station gets the report hit <enter> again to log.

all is well BUT if you forget to hit the second <enter> the station looks like it is
logged okay but this entry will disappear when you tune away from that freq.
If you didn't notice it in time to recover the callsign then you lost that QSO and
the station you worked gets a NIL.

73 Rich KL7RA