[WT-support] When open WinTest the Navigator start PTT.

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Nov 25 03:00:09 CET 2010

It sounds like you have DTR or RTS set to "Always ON" or "Handshake" in
Win-Test on the Radio 1 COM port, and Navigator is set up to do PTT on the
same COM port as the Radio CAT port.

See http://www.usinterface.com/linked/dm780setup.pdf

See page 4 and 5, PTT Selection.  Use a *different* COM port for PTT and
CAT.

Then start Win-Test and type SETUP [Enter].

Press the *Configure* button next to the *Radio 1* COM port.  Then press the
big *FT1000-MP Defaults Settings* button to change DTR and RTS to ALWAYS
OFF.

For PTT, in Win-Test, select the PTT COM port that you defined in the
Navigator software and set that COM port in Win-Test to *Other interface*.
 Press the *Configure* button next to the Other interface COM port and
change *RTS (pin 7)* to *PTT* and press OK.

Please report results.

If you cannot get it to work, please send screen shots of Win-Test SETUP and
Navigator Manager DM780 | Tools |  Navigator Manager Serial ports and the
PTT tab.