[WT-support] CW message

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Nov 23 20:10:02 CET 2010

If you do not want to use ESM (Enter Sends Message) mode:

   1. MSGS [Enter] (to program CW messages)
   2. Change S&P message F4 to:
   $QSOB4 $MYCALL
   3. *Remove* $QSOB4 from the RUN message for the INSERT key
   4. Click on the *Options* tab
   5. Change *$QSOB4 before macro sends* to (blank)
   6. Click [OK]
   7. NOWORKDUPE [Enter] (to activate the $QSOB4 macro)

Now, when you press F4 to call a station, nothing will be sent if it is a
dupe.

If you want "QSO B4" to be sent when running and called by a dupe, but
nothing to be sent when you press F4 in S&P mode to call a dupe, one would
have to create a QSOB4 Lua script that tests for the mode (run or S&P) and
dupe status, and plays the correct CW message.  Making this script work for
phone would be more difficult, because there is no direct DVK equivalent of
wtKeyer:Play( ... ) for voice messages, and no standard "QSO B4" message for
phone.