[WT-support] Problem with WT and W7

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Nov 14 05:58:12 CET 2010

This type of problem has been reported many times.  I know of at least one
person who fixed this problem simply by changing USB-to-Serial adapters,
from one based on the Prolific chip set to one based on the FTDI chip set.

One option is to use Radio type "OmniRig" and if it still doesn't work,
chances are the hardware has the problem, not Win-Test.  (Download OmniRig
from http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig, make sure the radio COM ports in
Win-Test are NOT checked, and define all radio COM parameters in OmniRig).

Another possibility is to change DTR and/or RTS for the K3 virtual COM port
to Always ON; the K3 doesn't care (as long as CONFIG:PTT-KEY is set to
OFF-OFF), but the USB-to-Serial adapter might care.

Finally, if it works with OmniRig but not with radio type "Elecraft K3", try
changing the polling rate from "Auto" to "1000 ms".