[WT-support] SWAP FREQUENCIES

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Nov 10 06:29:20 CET 2010

Ctrl-S problem confirmed, but *only* when Radio type is set to OmniRig.  The
code seems to be Setting VFO A of Radio 1 to the frequency it was supposed
to set for VFO B.

The Ctrl-S command works fine for me when I change the radio type to
Elecraft K3.

Note:  I'm using very old and stable MK2R+ v3.0 firmware and Router version
5.5.1.8600 (from 2007), because some people (N6XI, W7RN) have reported
tremendous stability problems (blinking Busy light on MK2R),  when using the
newest version of microHAM MK2R+ firmware and Router 7.7.1 with Win-Test and
two K3s.

If you're not using OmniRig, did you select radio type "K3 patched" in the
MK2R Router software?  It seems to help some folks use their K3s with the
Router program.

Win-Test Task #299<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=299>opened.

You can use the [Set] button in the Router program "Ports" tab to get a COM
port trace of the commands being sent to the K3.  That's where I discovered
that Win-Test (or OmniRig) was never issuing the FBxxxx; command to update
VFO B, but instead was sending two FAxxxx; commands with two different
frequencies.