[WT-support] Change FT-2000 Freq VIA CAT

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Nov 8 00:12:04 CET 2010

Hi Hank

Harold Aaron a écrit :

> Hi.  I read current freq into a variable, Current = wtRadio:GetFreq()
> and add .1 to the variable.  Then send the variable using
> wtRadio:SetFreq(Current).  Works fine, but cannot change step up or
> down by less than .1 (100 HZ). I would like to be able to do 10 or
> even 1 HZ steps.

In Win-Test, all frequencies have a 100 Hz resolution. Without going
into gory details, it is related to the way it is stored in memory and
in the files to comply with all bands Win-Test can handle (up to 241 GHz).

> As an alternative, Trying to use wtradio:Send(StrCat) and I can send
> "FA14800000;" and it works. But I cannot figure out how to construct
> the string:  "FA" + Frequency +";" then store it to a Variable and
> sent it using wtradio:Send(Variable);

One easy way is to use the string.format function :

catCmd = string.format("FA%08d;", data)

assuming FA accept 8 digits data (I don't know exactly what TRX you
intend to use, and the specs of the format).

More info on the Lua string library here :

http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#5.4

But, as a reminder, even if you set freq to 14123.456 MHz this way,
Win-Test will further still consider it as 14123.4