[WT-support] wtRotator <-> WT, more issues

Simon Schelkshorn simon at schelkshorn.de
Sat Nov 6 11:38:07 CET 2010

Hi everybody,

just preparing for todays Marconi-Memorial-Contest on 2m.
I used that as an occasion to verfiy the problems related
to wtRotators discussed on this list the past days.

Unfortunately I found some more issues. Biggest problem is,
WT does not turn antennas in V/UHF contests! I created a new
log for "European V/UHF - No multi" started wtRotators, filled
in a heading and pressed CTRL-F12. WT states in the bottom
line "turning rotator to XXX (SP)" (or similar, I'm using the
german version), but nothing happens. Also tried with "DX-Pedition
VHF and above", same result. This is valid for wtRotators 1.4 as
well as 1.3! So has nothing to do with the discussed problems
of wtRotators 1.4.

To make sure that it isn't a configuration problem I just switched
the contest to a HF contest (EU-HF). And now everything is fine!
So looks like it is really a problem related to V/UHF contests in
WT (already have seen this in older versions of WT).

Another thing: When using wtRotators 1.4 (together with EU-HF
contest) the rotator was turned once, but into the wrong direction!
Started at 10deg, requested 340deg, got 70deg! Independent of that
wtRotators showed the "-01" error message.

vy 73, Simon (DJ4MZ)