[WT-support] Poor keying with 64 bit Windows 7

Jon K Hellan hellan at acm.org
Fri Nov 5 10:07:27 CET 2010

I'm very happy with Win-Test on my regular shack computer, which is a 2002 vintage Thinkpad T23. But one of these days,
it will give up the ghost. I tested on a machine running 64 bit Windows 7, and the CW produced was so severely garbled
as to be incomprehensible. I'm talking about the sidetone through the speaker here. The rig would have to be keyed through
an USB adapter.

Is anybody else seeing this with 64 bit Windows 7, or  could it be a problem with the particular machine? It's an Acer laptop -
TimelineX 5820TG.

Regards

Jon LA4RT