[WT-support] Rotator program issue continued

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Nov 4 06:30:44 CET 2010

I tried PstRotators 4.22 and 3.97.  Neither one appears to be compatible
with Win-Test on Windows 7.  I tried it on Win7 32-bit and WT gives "Error
10038 opening socket" every time, as you discovered, and as originally
reported.

wtRotators 1.4, which gets installed with WT 4.6, appears to be completely
broken.  You get the "-01" message in the wtRotators window.  It doesn't
give the 10038 error, as you noted.

wtRotators 1.3 appears to work fine with WT 4.4, 4.5.1, and 4.6.0.

wtRotators 1.4 does not appear to work with any version.

Solution:

Re-install wt4.5.1 or wt4.4.0 to get wtRotators 1.3 back.  Save it.

Note that network protocol changed in both WT 4.5.1 and WT 4.6.

Then re-install wt 4.6 but restore or run the backup copy of wtRotators and
make sure you are running wtRotators version 1.3.  Then launch WT 4.6 and it
should work OK.