[WT-support] WT REGISTERING UNDER WIN 7

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat May 8 04:16:05 CEST 2010

See this entry<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/FAQ:Problems_Registering_and_Running#I_entered_my_registration_key_but_Win-Test_still_comes_up_in_.22Demo.22_mode>in
the FAQ for possible explanations.  Chances are you are trying to use
Win-Test V4 registration key with Win-Test V3.  That will not work.

Install Win-Test V4 (*not* the demo version) and see if you can register V4
with the key you are using.  Win-Test V4 was specifically redesigned so that
it would work on Vista and Windows 7.  Win-Test V3 was not (but it probably
works fine too).

Download Win-Test 4.4 from:

   http://download.win-test.com/v4/bin

You will need the web site password for Win-Test V4.  Look for an email from
*robot at win-test.com* dated July 1, 2009 with the subject "V4 Upgrade".
Maybe you got a free upgrade to V4 already, which means you can't get any
more V3 registration keys without special handling from F5MZN or F6FVY.