[WT-support] Win Test sound card dvk ??

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Wed Mar 31 06:19:24 CEST 2010

The 1uF capacitor is only needed with Dynamic Microphones like the Heil HC4
and HC5 elements.  The Heil ICOM microphone adapter for these elements
already contains a 1uF capacitor.

The Capacitor should NOT be used with Electret Microphones (like the Heil
HC7 element) since these require s DX Bias Voltage for proper operation.

Six of these Interfaces are have been used at K3LR since conversion to
Win-Test before (or just after) the 2006 CQ WW.  I >>think<< I remember
building these between the 2006 CQ WW Phone and the 2007 ARRL Phone.  The
complete Interface was built when Ham Radio Deluxe was installed on 6 of the
IC-781's / IC-7800's (6 bands).  Ham Radio Deluxe is an excellent program,
but it was removed in 2009 when the Hard Disks were re-imaged.  Potential
damage from electrical storms was the only reason HRD was removed.

73 * Dave, W9ZRX

  _____