[WT-support] DTR/RTS settings for Kenwood? Win-Test default wrong?

W2RU - Bud Hippisley W2RU at frontiernet.net
Fri Mar 26 13:29:20 CET 2010

On Mar 26, 2010, at 12:28 AM, Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:

> For those currently using Kenwood radios with Win-Test, what setting do you use on the COM port for DTR and RTS?

TS-950SDX with Kenwood IF-232C level converter:

Doesn't seem to make any difference at all whether none, either, or both DTR and RTS are on Handshake vs. ON.

Years ago(when I had a TS-940 with the same IF-232C)  I "understood" that DTR should be ON, but certainly as far as Win-Test ver. 4 is concerned, I can't find any reason to choose On over Handshake.

Bud, W2RU