[WT-support] DTR/RTS settings for Kenwood? Win-Test default wrong?

Andy P Hewitt andyphewitt at btopenworld.com
Fri Mar 26 12:05:03 CET 2010

Bob,

 I have two Kenwood rigs connected to WinTest - not for SO2R, I'm not clever
enough for that! One is a TS950SDX and the other a TS570S which I use almost
entirely for 6m so principally I use one or the other never both rigs at the
same time.

The settings are:

950:- BPS=4800; Data bits=8; no parity; 2 stop bits; DTR=cw; RTS=always off;
Active with=both radios; Interface=MicroHam KW

570:- BPS=9600; Data bits=8; no parity; 2 stop bits; DTR=cw; RTS=always off;
Active with=both radios; Interface=MicroHam DB9

At the bottom of the configure page I have both radios set to "Kenwood" no
tick in the Don't Poll box and polling set to "auto.

That is more info than you actually asked for but I though it better to
supply too much than not enough. Both rigs work "perfectly" with WinTest, at
least I have not had any problems so far.

73

Andy

  _____