[WT-support] ICOM 7600 split not working in win-test

Bob I.2.WIJ i2wij at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 7 23:50:15 CET 2010

Bob, N6TV wrote:
>The command to enable split mode in the IC-7600, IC-7700, and IC-7800 is >the same:  SendHex("0F01").  If that's not working, it's a bug in the Icom
>firmware.

I believe it is like you say, for IC-7600, IC-7700, and IC-7800
but AFAIK the IC7600 has been added "quick & dirty" if I can say that,
and also I asked to add it this way, just not to have to set the
CI-V address, etc.
Surely split for the IC-7600 does not work properly.
For IC-775 works ok, so it is not an ICOM protocol limitation.

Moreover, if you try to send a spot (ALT-F3), when in split
mode, WT does not set the right QSX, or, it does not
set QSX at all.

Bob, I2WIJ