[WT-support] CW Messages

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jun 29 05:56:25 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 4:06 AM, John Wayman <g4drs at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Currently, I modify the standard messages to suit my preferences each time
> I start a new contest. Is there a way to use the messages I have modified as
> the messages for a new contest, or do I have to type them in each time?
> Even better, is it possible for me to modify the WT standard messages so
> they meet my preferences?

Right now the best way to do it is to create an empty Win-Test file for each
of your favorite contests, and program the CW messages to your preference
for each one.

Then, instead of doing File, New (which unfortunately uses hard-coded
messages that many people don't like), use Windows to *copy* the "empty"
preprogrammed file to a new name, then open the new file, e.g., from a
command prompt:

copy IARUempty.wt4 IARU2010.WT4
WT IARU2010.WT4

You can also copy last year's log to the "empty", then use the CLEARLOG
command to empty it of all QSOs.  Now you can use the "empty" file as a
"template" to create new files.