[WT-support] Updated VHF USA Databases (Repost)

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Mon Jun 7 20:02:56 CEST 2010

This is a Repost of the original unreadable message which was sent in HTML.

An update to my VHF_USA Databases has been uploaded to
www.k3lr.com/w9zrx/.

I'd like to thank Tim for providing a WEB Site and File space for the
Database.

This Database contains 13,816 Calls - mostly Canadian, Mexican, and US.  The

Database is available in a variety of Formats:

File Name                     Description                 Format

----------

VHF_GRID_SORT_2010060602.ZIP  Calls & Grid Squares        Excel

                              Sorted by Grid Square

VHF_SORT_2010060602.ZIP       Calls & Grid Squares

[Contains Following Files]    Sorted by Callign

   VHF_SORT.TXT ........................................  ASCII Text

   VHF_SORT.CSV ........................................  Comma Delimited

   VHF_SORT.XLS ........................................  Excel

VHF_USA_2010060602.ZIP        Calls & Grid Squares        DTB Format -
Supports Win-Test

                              for use with Win-Test       "Exchange
Guessing" and Super

                                                          Partial Check

VHF_USA_2010060602.DTA        Calls Only                  DTA Format -
Supports Super

                              Sorted by Call              Partial Check for
CT and N1MM

Filters are first applied to the Logs to remove stations operating /Mobile,
/Portable,

or /Rover to limit the Database to stations with a fixed Grid Square.  Logs
were obtained

primarily from the June VHF Contest; however logs from the July CQ VHF,
August UHF,

September and January VHF Contests were also incorporated - newest log last.

These are provided as an AID.  They are NOT intended to substitute for the
Operator's

responsibility to copy the Report correctly.  This Database is derived from
Contest Logs

which themselves may contain occasional errors.  Logs were obtained from
stations across

Canada, Mexico, and the US to try to have as complete coverage as possible.

I would like to thank the follow fellows for providing me logs:

K1TOL          K5RQ           KQ5E          K6KLY

K7CW           K8EB           K8MD          K9CT

K9NS           KB3STA         N0LL          N3UXD

N4BP           N6QQ           N8KOL         NJ2F

VE3KZ          W0ETT          W0GHZ         W1QK

W3YOZ (W3SO)   W3ZZ (K8GP)    W5ZN          WB9Z

WD5K           WJ0F           XE2WWW

In the future I would appreciate it stations would E-Mail me their Cabrillo
Logs after

each VHF / UHF Contest.  Perhaps I can put out more frequent updates.

73 --- Dave, W9ZRX