[WT-support] Question about point count in Reg I Fieldday

Eugene Kuznetsov mail at astrojohn.ru
Mon Jun 7 14:58:24 CEST 2010

DK9VZ:

> EU stations count 2 points in the Region I Fieldday. Portable EU stations
> count 4 points.

> Why does UA1AIK/1 count only 2 points?
> Does "/1" not count as portable?

In Russia we must indicate our location when operating from another russian
oblast as slash + digit of region. If we are operating portable from another oblast
then we should send /1/P.
But /P is not obligatory so often it is not used.
So you really can't determine whether this operation portable or not.

The second country in Europe with obligatory indication of location is
Estonia:
http://www.erau.ee/modules.php?op=modload&name=Info&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=72&newlang=eng
/P in Estonia should be used only when operating with VHF/UHF/SHF
handheld equipment.

I think there are some restrictions in other countries.

All this diversity does not allow to WT developers to determine portability
of any station. The only necessary and sufficient criterion is claimed
category of the station. But this will be known only by the Contest Committee after
the contest:)

Finally, I had another problem in FieldDay:) Win-test v.4.4.0 counted 0 points and 0
multipliers for any non-portable station.

--
73! Eugene RK1AA @ RK3XWA/1 in FieldDay