[WT-support] Feature request: PARTNER WINDOW

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gafm.ee
Wed Jun 2 22:24:48 CEST 2010

I have been trying to solve the communication problems in Multi Op between ops. Especially hard it is now in WPX MS where only one signal is allowed at a time and one serial number sequence. Well, you might say 5 stations in that category is a bit overdone but that is what it takes to compete with E7DX and RU1A:)

So the problem is that while S&P stations have TX priority over RUN (they need to be able to cut CQ message) they don't always know when RUN is TXing and what it is sending. That makes the work unefficient.

PARNTER window shows content of callsign field, that is good. Is it possible to upgrade PARTNER window to show:

- content of the EXCHANGE RECEIVED window
- TX/RX status (I know you don't know abt footswitch, let's talk about button generated TX only)
- BUTTON THAT ACTIVATED MESSAGE BEING SENT (this is most important. When F1 is shown - CQ, when INSERT or F2 is show - EXCHANGE)

Another thing:

It is possible to have more than 1 RUN station (for example in M/2 or M/S with alternate CQ). Now the Support stations are displaying only one RUN station window. This is VERY bad because the two RUN stations conflict and PARTNER window is not correct.

What we need is two more options under Real time->

1. As Runner send to 1st, 2nd or 3rd slot
2. As Support display 1, 2 or 3 slots

Can you comment please! This would really take the communication and efficiency of multi op work to a new level.

73
Es5tv

p.s. when can we expect the new WRCT release? Restoring the ITU.DTB is very important!  We really need some time to test it as well..