[WT-support] MicroKeyer II hanging

Simon Schelkshorn simon at schelkshorn.de
Wed Jun 2 18:29:43 CEST 2010

Hi Tonno,

please check www.microham.com -> Support -> RFI

Make sure that the capacitor mentioned in the last section is "installed" in your MKII.
Even though the modification is said to be related to RF in the audio it has solved
our problems with distored CW here. So probably it solves also your problem.

BTW: I also have ferrite on my cables, especially on the USB cable. It is not only for
supressing RF going in the MKII but also for supressing the radiation of the USB signals.
Without these ferrite rings we have noticed a considerably increase in the noisefloor
e.g. on the 10m band.

vy 73,
Simon