[WT-support] CW and PTT from different sources

sm5ajv at qrq.se sm5ajv at qrq.se
Wed Jun 2 21:36:04 CEST 2010

I would like to have the following working with WK and WT.

As long as you are sending canned messages the PTT should work as follows:

1. Before the first character of the message is sent the PTT should be
   active using LEAD TIME before the actual message is started
2. The PTT line should be active during the ENTIRE message.
3. When the messages is over the PTT-line should be inactive, immediately
  or x ms later using TAIL TIME.

The benefit of the above PTT-scenario is that there will not be any switching
of TX-RX-TX during the transmission of the message, regardless of sending
speed.

The RX will be able to get ON immediately after end of the message and one
will not loose the first dit or dah from a "quick responder".

Is this possible to achieve with the current versions of WT and WK?
Is it possible to do this with the a WK embedded in a microHam device?

Any hints for users and/or software developers would of great value.

73
Ingo SM5AJV / SE5E