[WT-support] from WPX - WK and bandmap

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jun 1 02:26:05 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Tõnno Vähk <Tonno.Vahk at gafm.ee> wrote:

> 1. I used MicroKeyer II with WT and ORION for the first time in WinKey
> mode. Otherwise OK but sometimes the speed of the exchange message jumped
> way up making me repeat the number. It jumped for 1 message only. The
> message under F2 was "++++ENN---- $SERIAL". So ENN was sent as intended and
> then I guess Serial even faster. Is this a know issue with WinKey? Any ideas
> how to get rid of it?

I used to see this issue when "By Both" was selected in the WKSETUP dialog
(Options | Winkey Configuration ...).  Setting the Winkey speed by both the
Winkey pot and by Win-Test commands is "not recommended," because keeping
them 100% in sync. could never be guaranteed.  I haven't seen the speed up
issue since I selected speed change "only by the Win-Test commands."

I'm also using the Winkey v22 chip, which had some fixes for speed changes
in the middle of a letter, but I don't know if that matters.

2. For some time I have had the issue of CTRL+arrow not moving in active
> Bandmap but among all spots! I am sure others have had the same problem. Is
> something wrong there? The manual says that CTRL+SHIFT+arrow should move
> among all spots. I have not tried what it does.

Which arrow key are you pressing?

Ctrl+Up Arrow and Ctrl+Down Arrow skip over duplicates in the active radio's
band map.  Ctrl+Shift Up Arrow and Ctrl+Shift Down Arrow do not skip dupes?
It sounds like the Shift key is locked down (?).  Does your keyboard have a
Shift Lock button or "All Caps" mode?

See also the Tools | Redefine Keyboard Keys (DEFINEKEYS) and Tools | Scripts
Manager to be sure that Ctrl+Up/Down have not be redefined to do other
functions or call LUA scripts.

3. Feature request: thank god we have $NEXTSERIAL but in several situations
> there is need to send more than 1 number in advance even. Can you guys add
> $NEXT2SERIAL and $NEXT3SERIAL or something like that??

Unfortunately the LUA API provided by Win-Test is still too limited to let
the users write this function.  What's needed is new APIs like:

wtQSO:getSerial()
-or-
wtApp:getVar("$SERIAL")

but neither function exists.

I tried invoking a script with an argument:

#NEXT2SERIAL($SERIAL)
#NEXT2SERIAL("$SERIAL")

but that didn't work either.   All I could come up with is a prompt.  Try
this script, call it Next2Serial.wts:

currSerial = wtApp:InputInteger("What's the current serial number?",
"Next2Serial")
if currSerial ~= nil and currSerial ~= 0 then
   wtKeyer:Play("++$RST-- " .. currSerial + 2)
end
return -1

Then add #NEXT2SERIAL to a CW message or Alt-C message, or program a key
combination that calls the script (via Tools | Scripts Manager).

Speaking of LUA, I'd like two new APIs:

wtApp:SetRunMode()
wtApp:SetSandPMode()

So that I can automate switching modes when using traditional NOESM mode.
Alternatively, if there were new text commands like MODERUN or MODESP I
could do

wtApp:TextCommand("MODERUN")
wtApp:TextCommand("MODESP")

I tried sending Ctrl-Tab via: